Monday, August 1, 2011

#43 and #43a ... (originally written 7/29/11)

It is amazing to me how the muse leads me through the arrangements of the show. From day-to-day I never know which one I will be "called" to complete. For example, two days ago I completed #43a Finale (Part 2) and then today I completed #43 Finale (Part 1). So the actual work on these two numbers was done in reverse of each other.

As I was finishing up, putting the finishing touches on the arrangements, it was a very moving experience because I found myself tearing up. Maybe it has to do with the fact that this is part of the crowning moment of the show ...

In any musical, the finale of a show is special ... It's what the audience is left with to take home ... so I couldn't help but marvel at the lyrics ... and I wanted to share them with you ...

After Darcy proposes and Lizzy accepts ... and they kiss, Austen comments on her story ... and on universal truth ... that is:

Everyone one wants a happy ending ... everyone wants their dreams to come true ...

EVERYONE HAS A CHOICE
TO BE ROMANTIC OR NOT AT ALL.
IF YOU’RE ROMANTIC, YOU HEAR LOVE CALL.
LOVE IS WONDERFUL. IT’S GLORIOUS.
IT’S NEVER EVER WRONG.

WHEN WE’RE ROMANTIC AND FALL IN LOVE,
WE DARE TO GO ON A JOURNEY OF THE HEART
TO FIND OUR HAPPY ENDING.
ALL WE WANT IS TO BELONG.


That's what NYMF is about for Lindsay and me ...

We want a happy ending ... and we want our dreams to come true. I suppose that was why I was so moved earlier today by the lyrics as I read them while the midi played the new arrangement. It made me realize that our experience with NYMF is bringing us one day closer to the possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment